Wednesday, August 15, 2012

happy birthday, julia

I'm absolutely terrible about dates and birthdays and anniversaries and such, but today I'm actually on the ball for a change.  Today marks what would have been the 100th birthday of the American television cooking icon, Mrs. Julia Childs.

Julia changed the face of cooking in the U.S. with her bold personality and approachable recipes that brought French technique into millions of American households over the years.  Everyone knows Julia, and I think most home cooks have a special place in their hearts for this legendary woman.

I've got the entirety of her television series waiting patiently on my Netflix queue.  For you today, friends, I'm posting a little slice of Julia.  An old favorite.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Happy birthday, Julia.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear your feedback and comments!
Anonymous users, please select "Name/URL" from the "Comment As" drop down menu and leave me your name. I'd love to know who you are. Thanks for your support!

Related Posts with Thumbnails