Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Michael Pollan + John Stewart

A couple of nights ago Michael Pollan appeared on The Daily Show with John Stewart. A long time Stewart fan and avid Pollan reader and supporter, I was amped to see the two banter on the Daily Show's stage. For those who may be unfamiliar, Michael Pollan is a journalist turned sustainable food advocate and author of the popular books on the subject, The Omnivore's Dilemma and In Defense of Food. He has done an amazing job bringing to light the issues with the industrial, globalized food system and the negative impacts that system has on the health of the population and the environment. In this interview he promotes his newest book, Food Rules, a small collection of tips for eating well amidst the often confusing, contradictory information on nutrition that permeates today's media. I'm looking forward to digging in to that one as soon as I get my hands on it.

Check out the interview:

I did have a clip from Youtube posted, but it was removed due to licensing issues. This link will take you to the interview...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear your feedback and comments!
Anonymous users, please select "Name/URL" from the "Comment As" drop down menu and leave me your name. I'd love to know who you are. Thanks for your support!

Related Posts with Thumbnails